Locate model number
Operational handset >
- Go to Settings > General > About. Model Name will be displayed and if you want to see the model number, simply tap the “model number” once.
- Go to Settings > About Phone
- Open the Phone app and dial *#06# on the keypad.
Un-operational handset >
- Up until the iPhone 8 the model number was printed on the rear of the device, eg A1586. If it’s not there the chances are its an a newer version which we can identify below using our iPhone Identifier Tool
Below are some tips if your Samsung phone is unusable;
- All Samsung’s usually have the model number or serial number printed on the rear battery cover, eg SM-G970.
- The IMEI, Serial Number and Model number should be printed on the official packaging or box that came with your device.
- Contacting your network provider
Its very important to ascertain the correct model number of your device before requesting a repair by anyone as prices vary drastically. You don’t want to get mixed up between the S22 valued at £1000 and the A22 valued at around £150.